Last updated: 12th June 2018
- User’s Consent
- Information We Collect
Dokka receives or collects your information when we operate and provide our Services, including when you subscribe, access, or use our Software or Services (including via uploading documents by you to the Software) (all the information referred to in this Section 2 shall be defined as “Information”). We retain your Information for as long as we provide the Services to you and as required by applicable law. The Information may be categorized into:
- Information You Provide
- Your Account Information. We collect, and associate with your Account, information from you, such as first and last name, email and mailing addresses, telephone number, professional title, company name, account activity, and password, when you subscribe for the Dokka Services. In addition, we (or our third-party credit card or payment processor on our behalf) will collect information including your credit card number or account information in order to allow us the receipt of fees and payments. If you provide us feedback or contact us via email, we will collect your name and email address, IP address, as well as any other content included in the email, in order to send you a reply, and any information that you submit to us. If we conduct a survey in which you participate, we may collect additional information.
- Customer Support.You may provide us with information related to your use of our Services, so we can provide you customer support.
- Automatically Collected Information
- Usage and Log Information.We collect service-related, diagnostic, and performance information. This includes information about your activity (such as how you use our Services, log files, diagnostic and performance logs and reports.
- Information Collected Via Technology.
- The Dokka Services collect information from you, such as browser type, your approximate geographic location of your computer (from your Internet Protocol (IP) address), operating system and version, Internet Protocol (IP) address, domain name, information about your application, operating environment and hardware profiles and/or a date/time stamp for your visit. We may also use Identifiers (as defined below) and navigational data like Uniform Resource Locators (URL) to gather information regarding the date and time of your visit and/or access to the Dokka Services and your activity in the Software. Like most internet services, we automatically gather this information and store it in log files each time you visit the Software.
When you interact with the Software, we try to make that experience simple and useful. We use industry standard identifiers, such as cookies or other similar technologies. Cookies are small pieces of information which are issued to your computer or when you visit or access a website and which store and sometimes track information about your use of such website. A number of cookies we use last only for the duration of your session using the Software and expire when you close your browser or exit the Software. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to use the Software and will last for longer. We refer to cookies and equivalents technologies as “Identifiers“.
We use Identifiers to:
- remember that you have visited us before. This means we can identify the number of unique visitors we receive;
- customize elements of the promotional layout and/or content of the pages of the Software;
- collect statistical information about how you use the Software (including how long you spend in the Software) and where you have come to the Software from, so that we can improve the Software and learn which parts of the it are most popular with users.
- assist Dokka to provide services to your Account, for example analyzing data for the purposes of trouble shooting.
- We may set web beacons in respect of your use of the Software. Web beacons are small image files within the content of the Software for analytics purposes so we can understand which parts of the Software are used and whether particular content is of interest.
- This Information may be compiled and analyzed on an aggregate basis, and Dokka may share this data with advertisers, researchers, business partners, publications, and other third parties. This Information will not identify you or users personally.
- How We Use Information
We use the Information in order to:
- help us operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our Services;
- prevent, detect, and investigate fraud, security breaches, potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and to protect our trademarks.
- Disclosure of Your Information
- Legal and Law Enforcement. In certain situations, Dokka may be required to disclose Information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. Regardless of any choices you make regarding your Information (if applicable), Dokka may disclose Information if it believes in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to (a) comply with relevant laws or to respond to subpoenas or warrants or lawful requests from government authorities served on Dokka; or (b) protect or defend the rights, reputation or property of Dokka or users of the Dokka Services.
- Change of Control – New Owners. Dokka may sell/divest/transfer the company (including any shares in the company), or any combination of its products, services, assets and/or businesses. Information may be among the items sold or otherwise transferred in these types of transactions. We may also sell, assign or otherwise transfer such Information in the course of corporate divestitures, mergers, acquisitions, bankruptcies, dissolutions, reorganizations, liquidations, similar transactions or proceedings involving all or a portion of the Dokka.
- Information Changes
If you believe that the Information which include personal information that we hold about you may not be complete, accurate and up-to-date, you may change aspects of any of such Information in your Account by editing your profile within the registration portion of the Software or by sending an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may request deletion of your Account Information by us, but please note that we may be permitted or required (by law or otherwise) to keep this Information and not delete or change it (or to keep this Information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). We will respond to your request within 30 days.
- Service Providers
From time to time, we may establish a business relationship with other businesses that we believe to be trustworthy and have privacy practices consistent with ours (“Service Providers”). For example, we may contract with Service Providers to provide certain services, such as hosting and maintenance, accounting, data analytics and data storage and management, and marketing and promotions. We only provide our Service Providers with the Information necessary for them to perform these services on our behalf. Each Service Provider must agree to use reasonable security procedures and practices, appropriate to the nature of the information involved, in order to protect your Information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. Service Providers are prohibited from using Information other than as specified by Dokka. You hereby consent that the Information may be transferred by Dokka to Service Providers in accordance with the above.
Dokka is committed to protecting the security of your Information. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your Information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. When you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number), we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We also require you to enter a password to access your Account. Please do not disclose your Account password to unauthorized people. Despite these measures, you should know that Dokka cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with the Information. If you have any questions about the security of your Information, you can contact us at email@example.com.
- Children’s Privacy
We do not intentionally gather Information about individuals who are not of age to legally contract. If you become aware that we inadvertently hold or have access to Information about anyone under such age, please let us know so we can delete it.
- Updates To Our Policy
- Contact Information
If you have general enquiry type questions, you can choose to do this anonymously or use a pseudonym. However, if you require information which is specific to your circumstances then it may not be possible for you to deal with us anonymously or by pseudonym. You acknowledge and agree that when contacting Dokka, whether by email, chat, or otherwise, you will not include any personally identifiable information in your communications, and that if such information is included in your communications with Dokka, Dokka will have no legal obligation or liability with regard to such information.
- Queries, Concerns and Complaints
If you have any queries, concerns or complaints about the manner in which we have collected, stored, used or disclosed your Information, please contact Dokka using the details below:
We will ensure that we respond to your complaint within a reasonable time (and in any event within the time required by applicable law).